Standalone MPH Degree Program Application Process
Standalone MPH applicants may only apply for admission to enter the program in the fall semester. All application materials are due by March 1.
- Note: Review of verified applications will begin January 5. Decisions will be sent approximately one month after all application materials are received and the application is verified.
- Submit SOPHAS application - Standalone degree MPH applicants should submit all of the required application materials listed below to SOPHAS.
- SOPHAS offers fee waivers on a first-come, first-served basis for applicants that meet certain criteria. Please find more information about the fee waivers and the qualification requirements here.
- Pay Virginia Tech Graduate School supplemental application fee online here.
- The Virginia Tech Graduate School will waive the supplemental application fee for prospective MPH students who meet certain criteria. The waiver criteria and waiver application can be found here. Please request a waiver, if applicable, before paying the supplemental application fee. If you are provided a fee waiver, please forward us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the application fee waiver email from the Graduate School.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages
- Resume or CV
- 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation
- English language test (TOEFL or IELTS). Required from most international applicants. Please visit the Graduate School's website for more information.
When possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to submit paper materials, please send them to:
Population Health Sciences (0442)
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061