The Public Health Program offers a Graduate Certificate in Public Health. The certificate is an 16 credit (six courses listed below) online program that includes the core courses in the Virginia Tech Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program. The Graduate Certificate in Public Health will be helpful to non-degree seeking students who have completed an undergraduate degree in a related discipline and want to demonstrate content competence in public health.
Please contact the Coordinator of the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, Dr. Kerry Redican (email@example.com), if you are interested in pursuing the certificate.
Online course requirements:
- PHS 5004 Foundations of Public Health (1 credit)
- PHS 5025 Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods in Public Health I (3 credits)
- PHS 5026 Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods in Public Health II (3 credits)
- PHS 5044 Public Health Policy and Administration (3 credits)
- PHS 5034 Health Behavior and Health Education (3 credits)
- PHS 5014 Environmental Health (3 credits)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or above for the last 60 hours/credits of the undergraduate degree
- Prospective students from countries where the native language is not English: TOEFL score of 80
- Apply online here.
- Create a user account
- Fill out sections 1 (profile) and 2 (academic history)
- Fill out section 3 (application) by selecting “Create a New Application”
- Application type: First Time Graduate Study
- Program: Graduate Certificate
- Degree type: GCERT
- Campus: Blacksburg
- Term: (select your choice term of enrollment from the drop down)
- Certificate option: Public Health
- Complete the remaining application questions
- Return to Home screen to submit