Protect, improve, and promote population health in Southwest and Southside Virginia, the Commonwealth, Central Appalachia, the Nation and the world by training future public health leaders through learning, discovery, and engagement in public health.
Program at a glance:
- First CEPH-accredited public health program in a veterinary college (Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine)
- Delivered in partnership with Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Signature research and practice areas include One Health and rural/Appalachian health
- Program design is flexible for students to explore different academic interests.
- BSPH program includes 33 additional major/minor/free electives
- MPH students have access to over 70 Virginia Tech Graduate Certificates
- Accelerated UG/MPH program for exceptional Virginia Tech students from any major
- Small student to faculty ratio.
- All MPH students are advised by a public health faculty member who provides career and academic mentoring
- A completely online Graduate Certificate in Public Health
- Dual degree programs include DVM/MPH and MD/MPH