Public Health 2024 Commencement
MPH and BSPH Graduates
May 8, 2024 | 6 p.m.
Moss Arts Center
In May, we will proudly graduate students from our Bachelor of Science in Public Health and Master of Public Health degree programs at Class of 2024 commencement ceremonies.
Commencement Ceremonies will be live streamed by the university on commencement.vt.edu/watch. Commencement ceremony recordings and photos from both the ceremonies and receptions will be posted here after the events.
Commencement Ceremonies are rain or shine. In the event of hazardous weather, decisions and updates will be announced through email, the university homepage, the university status page, and on official social media channels.
Questions about Commencement? Refer to the commencement.vt.edu page.
Important information to review:
- Ensure that all holds have been removed (parking tickets, library fines)
- Check your DARS to ensure that all degree requirements have been met
- RSVP to the Graduation Reception (coming soon)
- Apply for your degree via Hokie Spa.
- Update your mailing address so your diploma is shipped to the right location.
- Use #HokieGrad to share your photos and be included in the ceremony.
- Order your cap and gown at Grad Fair or online.
Cap & Gowns, Cords & Stoles
Graduates must wear a cap and gown to participate in any ceremony. Regalia can be purchased online. Please place your order prior to Feb. 23 to received your cap and gown package in approximately three to four weeks.
Graduates will be invited to the Volume Two Bookstore on a TBD date in March for an in-person opportunity to meet with a Herff Jones representative, take professional graduation photos with GradImages, order your class ring with Balfour, and show your Hokie Spirit by making your Senior Class Gift of $5 or more.
For questions, contact the University Bookstore at: 540-231-5991 or email@example.com.
Cord distribution is managed by the organization that has implemented a specific cord. For questions about particular cords, please reach out to the sponsoring organization.
Honor sashes for those who qualify will be available for purchase at University Bookstore, Volume 2 Bookstore, or online at hokieshop.com.
Tickets are required for entry into the Public Health Commencement ceremony. More information on ticket distribution will be shared in the coming weeks. Students should check their email.
Arrival for Commencement Ceremony
The ceremony will be held at the Moss Arts Center, located at 190 Alumni Mall. Graduates may check in starting at 5 p.m. and should arrive by 5:15. Graduates will enter the venue using the Turner Street entrance. The procession begins promptly at 6 p.m.
All visitors will need to display a parking permit, utilize the ParkMobile app, pay the daily charge for a pass, or pay for parking using an hourly meter when parking on Virginia Tech's Blacksburg campus, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. On-campus parking is available on a first-come basis. Please allow ample time to navigate campus and locate a parking spot. Learn more
- Nearby parking options on campus include the Architecture Annex, Lower Stanger, Squires, and Substation parking lots and on-street parking on Alumni Mall, around the Drillfield, and on other campus streets. Off campus parking options include Church Street and Progress Street parking lots, and limited on-street parking.
- There is limited accessible parking located just outside the Moss Arts Center building on both Turner Street and Alumni Mall. Additional accessible parking is available in the North End Center Parking Garage and other campus lots, and guests can be dropped off and picked up directly at the center’s entrance, as well.
- Visitors without mobility limitations are encouraged to park in the Perry Street Garage and plan to pay the $10 charge using the Park Mobile app (the only payment option at this location). Due to ongoing campus construction, this garage can be accessed using the Prices Fork Road entrance only; access to and from this garage via West Campus Drive is closed.
- Important notice: Students and visitors may experience significant delays upon arrival and departure when parking at the North End Center Garage. Student parking is available on Level 7 and students are required to pay the daily charge of approximately $8, even with a valid parking permit. Payment options are Visa or MasterCard credit and debit cards only (no Discover or American Express).
- Learn more about Moss Arts Center parking and campus parking locations.
More Information coming soon!
Arrival for Commencement Ceremony
The ceremony will be held at the Moss Arts Center, located at 190 Alumni Mall. Families and guests with tickets are asked to be seated by 5:40 p.m. The procession begins promptly at 6 p.m.
Attendees are permitted to bring one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon, clear, re-sealable plastic storage bag per person. Attendees are also allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. Wallets must also conform to this size requirement.
No other bags will be allowed inside. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at all commencement venues. No items can be left or stored at the doors/gates.
MPH Graduation Reception and Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, May 8, 2024 Time TBD, Veterinary College Commons
BSPH Graduation Reception and Awards Ceremony
Thursday, May 9, 2024 - 10 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Tents at the Vet Med Grove in front of VMIA
University Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 10, 2024 - 8:30-11:00 am, Lane Stadium