Bachelor of Science in Public Health Ut Prosim Service Award
The Public Health Ut Prosim Service Award draws its name from Virginia Tech’s motto: That I May Serve. The Public Health Ut Prosim Service award is presented to a Bachelor of Science in Public Health graduating senior(s) who epitomize the values inherent in that motto through service to the major, department, college, university and/or community.
Public Health faculty and staff are able to present qualified nominations to Katie Cross by March 17, 2023. Students are encouraged to self-nominate and all nominated students should submit their documentation to email@example.com by March 27, 2023.
The selection committee will be comprised of 4-6 members from the Department of Population Health Sciences.
Criteria for Award: All candidates must be seniors majoring in Public Health who are scheduled to graduate May 2023, Summer 2023 or December 2023.
- Applications will be evaluated in the area of demonstrated service to the major, department, college, university and/or community.
- No student currently (at the time of nomination or subsequent terms) on probation as a result of University Honor Code violations is eligible.
- Special Consideration is given to students who served as a BSPH Student Ambassador or BSPH Peer Mentor or those serving as a student representative on program, department, college, and university committees as well as engagement in other public health service and academic opportunities across campus and in the surrounding community.
- Biographical Information form (online form)
- A resume that highlights the applicant’s service during their collegiate career (in academic and non-academic settings), (2-page maximum).
- Student reflection on “Ut Prosim” and the value of service (1-page maximum).
Recognition: Award winners will be provided a with a graduation cord and will be recognized at the Public Health Graduation and Awards Reception on Thursday, May 11th at 10:00am outside the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Nomination Packets should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2023.
2023 submission deadlines:
Nominations from faculty and staff: March 17
Student self-nominations and nominations of other students: March 23