The Public Health Program offers a dual MD/MPH degree program for MD students enrolled at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM).
For MD students at VTCSOM, we accept applications for the Fall, Spring, and Summer I terms. All application materials are due by one of the following deadlines:
- November 1
- January 5
- March 1
- Online application. Applicants should select the DVM/MPH program.
- The Virginia Tech Graduate School waives the application fee for prospective students that meet certain criteria. The waiver criteria and waiver application can be found here.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages, uploaded in the online application.
- Resume or CV, uploaded in the online application.
- Transcripts from any institution other than Virginia Tech from which you received or expect to receive a degree. Please upload scans of your transcript in the online application. Please mail or email your official transcripts to the department.
- 1 academic or professional letter of recommendation, to be completed in the online application, or mailed or emailed to the department.
When possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to submit paper materials, please send them to:
Population Health Sciences (0442)
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061