Regular MPH applicants may only apply for admission to enter the program in the Fall semester. All application materials are due by one of the following deadlines:
- January 5 (priority deadline) - Applicants will be considered for admission until March 1 on a space available basis.
- August 21, 2019 update: The application process for prospective standalone MPH students is changing. We expect the new application process to be finalized by mid-September 2019. The required application materials will remain the same as listed below. Please contact us with any questions.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages, uploaded in the online application.
- Resume or CV, uploaded in the online application.
- Transcripts from any institution other than Virginia Tech from which you received or expect to receive a degree. Please upload scans of your transcript in the online application. Please mail or email your official transcripts to the department.
- 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation, to be completed in the online application, or mailed or emailed to the department.
- English language test (TOEFL or IELTS). Required from most international applicants. Please visit the Graduate School's website for more information.
- GRE Scores. The institution code is 5859, and there is no department code. There is no minimum score for MPH applications; however, to ensure competitiveness, applicants are encouraged to have at least a score of 150 on the verbal section and 150 on the quantitative section.
- The MPH program waives the GRE admissions requirement in certain circumstances. You can find the waiver criteria and the waiver application here.
When possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to submit paper materials, please send them to:
Population Health Sciences (0442)
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061