Regular MPH applicants may only apply for admission to enter the program in the Fall semester. All application materials are due by one of the following deadlines:
- January 5 (priority deadline) - Applicants will be considered for admission until March 1 on a space available basis.
- Submit SOPHAS application - Standalone degree MPH applicants should submit all of the required application materials listed below to SOPHAS.
- SOPHAS offers fee waivers on a first-come, first-served basis for applicants that meet certain criteria. Please find more information about the fee waivers and the qualification requirements here.
- Pay Virginia Tech Graduate School supplemental application fee online here.
- The Virginia Tech Graduate School will waive the supplemental application fee for prospective MPH students who meet certain criteria. The waiver criteria and waiver application can be found here. Please request a waiver, if applicable, before paying the supplemental application fee. If you are provided a fee waiver, please forward us (email@example.com) the application fee waiver email from the Graduate School.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages
- Resume or CV
- 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation, to be completed in the online application, or mailed or emailed to the department.
- English language test (TOEFL or IELTS). Required from most international applicants. Please visit the Graduate School's website for more information.
- GRE Scores. The GRE designated institution code for Virginia Tech SOPHAS applications is 4633. There is no minimum score for MPH applications; however, to ensure competitiveness, applicants are encouraged to have at least a score of 150 on the verbal section and 150 on the quantitative section.
- The MPH program waives the GRE admissions requirement in certain circumstances. You can find the waiver criteria and the waiver application here.
When possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to submit paper materials, please send them to:
Population Health Sciences (0442)
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061